The best things for kids to do in Houston this week: June 20-26, 2022
Plan your list of summer fun with our picks for the best things to do for kids in and around Houston this week from Monday, June 20 through Sunday, June 26, 2022.
This week, get kids creative during an art class, celebrate family Pride events, watch movies outside, immerse yourself in K-pop, and more.
Do you know of an event that could be on the list? Write to us at [email protected] with a link to official event details.
Top 12 things to do for kids and families in Houston this week
- Midtown Park Children’s Storytime Summer Series | Tuesday, June 21 | FREE – Andy Roo brings the tunes for a live performance and the Houston Public Library leads story time at this monthly summer event in Midtown. 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Art in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, June 21 | FREE – Let the kid’s inner artist run wild during this weekly art workshop at Evelyn’s Park in Bellaire. 10 a.m. to noon.
- Make Music in Houston at the Children’s Museum Houston | Tuesday, June 21 – Celebrate the longest day of the year with Tot*Tunes when they perform a delicious medley of popular children’s songs as part of this city-wide musical event. $15 for ages 1 and up. Performances at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Underwater Discovery at the Houston Zoo | From Tuesday 21 June to Thursday 23 June – Take your little ones to the Houston Zoo for a morning hike through the new Undersea Discovery exhibit at the Houston Zoo. Get up close to a unique and different animatronic marine fauna and learn more about these fascinating marine animals. Registration required; general admission tickets are flexibly priced, starting at $21.95; $17.95 for ages 3-12. 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Fairies Day at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday June 23 & Saturday June 25 – Meet Tinkerbell and take a picture, make your own fairy wings and wand, have your face painted and enjoy story time as part of Fairy Day at the Woodlands Children’s Museum. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow over the green at Discovery Green | friday june 24 | FREE – The downtown park space presents its annual citywide LGBTQ celebration with entertainment from award-winning local drag queens, Houston powerhouse singer Christina Wells, the Kinsey Sicks and more. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sing 2 Film screening at Heritage Park | friday june 24 | FREE – Downtown Conroe Park welcomes families to the lawn for an outdoor screening of the 2021 animated film, Sing 2. 8 p.m.
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Film screening at Levy Park | friday june 24 | FREE – Near Greenway Plaza, the family can catch an outdoor screening of the 2021 Marvel movie at Levy Park. Martial arts master Shang-Chi must return to the past he thought he left behind when he is caught in the web of the Ten Rings organization. 8:30 p.m.
- Mud Day Celebration at the Nature Discovery Center | Saturday June 25 | FREE – Wallow, stomp, paint, build and make mud pies during this International Mud Day celebration at the Bellaire Park space. It is recommended to bring old clothes and a beach towel, and you will have the opportunity to douse yourself after the fun. 10 a.m. to noon.
- 2nd Annual Seoul Summer Festival at Independence Park | Saturday June 25 – Returning for the second time, this annual music festival in Pearland celebrates K-Pop and hip-hop culture with a market featuring food, drink and dessert vendors, and more family fun. $10. 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pop Cats at Silver Street Studios | Saturday June 25 and Sunday June 26 – Enjoy two days of cat-themed festivities with cat play areas, merch, photo ops, art, live music, cat adoptions and more. $18. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2022 Pre-Columbian Rumba at Trader’s Village | Sunday June 26 – This fifth annual event celebrates South America’s pre-Columbian cultures with live music and dancing, prizes, surprises and more in a state fair atmosphere northwest of Houston. Free admission, but parking is $5. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.