2022 San Diego Underwater Film Expo
This year’s San Diego Underwater Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is now accepting submissions. As in previous editions, underwater filmmakers can submit entries in two categories – up to 5 or 10 minutes in length – with a maximum of two submissions per person. For an entry to be eligible, at least 50% of the film must be shot underwater.
And the good news is that, unlike the past few years, organizers are planning to hold a physical rather than a virtual event, taking place at Qualcomm Hall in San Diego on October 1.
See the press release below for more details.
The San Diego Underwater Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is accepting entries for its 2022 film festival by June 15.
For the first time in three years, we plan to hold an “in-person” film exhibition again! The film festival will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Qualcomm Hall in San Diego. The festival will also be a hybrid event with some films available online.
- All films must contain at least 50% underwater footage
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway no later than June 15, 2022
- A maximum of two films (in total) per filmmaker may be submitted.
Films can be submitted in two categories:
- Up to 5 Minutes | No more than 5 minutes with at least 50% of the footage filmed underwater. The majority of films selected for SDUFEX will be in this category. We encourage filmmakers to submit the best version of their film, even if it is well under 5 minutes. Many of our best movies are only 2-3 minutes long – longer doesn’t always mean better.
- Up to 10 Minutes | Duration of 5 to 10 minutes with at least 50% of the images filmed underwater. In this category, we are looking for films that tell a story. Films will only be selected for this category if they are narrated. Please note that a maximum of three films in this category can be selected.
For more details and to submit films, please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/SanDiegoUnderSeaFilmExhibition